About Our Family

El Paso, Texas, United States
We are James, Lisa, Patrick, Christian, Carson, and Ella Payne a military family serving our country via service in the U.S. Army. Jim and I have been married for 18 years and have 3 wonderful home grown sons -Patrick, Christian and Carson. We recently adopted our beautiful daughter Ella Grace Ana from Donets'k, Ukraine in September. Jim and I began our Army life together at Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas and every assignment thus far has extended unique opportunities and challenges for our family to grow and learn; to become a stronger, committed, and a prepared Army family. Having recently lived abroad for six amazing years, we cannot express how thankful we are for the opportunity to have represented our great country and to discover the cultures and customs of other countries; to become close to the people and learn from them; to open our hearts and minds to the unfamiliar languages and way of life in other countries. Having now moved back to the United States, we are looking forward to discovering what new adventures await our family. Rest assured, wherever the Army sends us we will continue to serve you and our country proudly. Army life, we wouldn’t trade it!

August 20, 2008

Arrival...

We arrived by trian this morning and hit the ground running. We drove about 80 miles outside of Donetsk to the orphanage. We spoke to the director of the orphanage with our facilitator (N) beside us.
After reviewing the files with the director, they brought her in. She immediatley hugged us both. She was asked if she would like us to be her Papa and Mama and she said, "Yes!" "Everybody wants a Mama and Papa."

They asked her if she knows about adoption and that she will leave with us and she said yes, her friends left with a Mama and Papa.

We played with her this morning and she is absoutley adorable. She is loving and so bubbly. We asked her if she would like brothers and she said yes. She likes to be a good girl and she likes to have brothers.

So without futher delay, this is

Ella Grace-Ana Payne


39 comments:

Kirsten said...

Payne Family,
CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you all! We got an ultrasound today and got to see our own soon to be addition. We couldn't see if its a boy or girl as the umbilical cord was in the way, but everything else looked good. God continues to bless us all! Again, congratulations.
Love,
Kirsten and All

Michelle said...

Are you kidding me!!! She is adorable! Oh, I am so happy for you. I can't wait to hear how your story unfolds!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Jim and Boys -
Congratulations! She looks and sounds adorable, and there is a wonderful smile in your typed words as well.

Michael and Renee Bryant

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Jim and Boys -
Congratulations! She looks and sounds adorable, and there is a wonderful smile in your typed words as well.

Michael and Renee Bryant

Art n Science from the Fischer Family said...

Congratulations! She looks just like you all. We are praying for a safe, fun and peaceful journy home. Welcome to the USA Ella!
Love, The Fischers

junglemama said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

This is the same orphanage that Dennis from! How awesome! Where are you staying? I would love for you to email me offline.

Would you please give the director two messages for me?

Anonymous said...

SHE'S ADORABLE!!! Now see what great friends you are - you made this a birthday I will always cherish and remember. We are so happy for you and little Ella. We love her so much already. Hugs and loves to all of the Payne's - especially our new little Ella...

love and miss you
Schrie and David

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you guys. Finally, your little girl is home. Congratulations and you guys will be a great family for Ella.

Best wishes,
The Martinez's

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you all!  Can't wait to meet her! Continued success, best wishes!The Eagan Family

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!! She is so cute. We are so happy for your family. It's been a long road and it's not the end....it's just the beginning of many new chapters in the life of the Paynes. Ella is one special, little girl to have you guys as her forever family. I know the boys will adore her and shower her with lots of love.
Best wishes always and continue to keep us posted. By the way, I love the middle name "Grace"...it's Sarah's middle name as well.
Take Care,
Tab & Bill White

Zack, Jenn and William said...

What a beautiful girl! So happy for you guys. Praying that all goes well as you begin the next round of paperwork!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

She is absolutely ADORABLE! She is a very lucky girl to be part of such a beautiful, loving family. I hope all goes well for you, Jim, the boys and your daughter.

Congrats.

Elaine xxx

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Little Miss Ella is adorable and seems like the perfect addition to your family!! I am so glad you found your "baby" and pray the rest of the journey goes as smoothly as possible.

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

We could not be happier for you. Wonderful news! R

Unknown said...

She is lovely and I'm so thrilled for you all. If you get the chance i'd love to hear more about what it was like "choosing" a file! I'm so thrilled for you all. Congrats and prayers for a smooth ride!

Anonymous said...

Jim and Lisa, Looks lilke you now have a little girl. I bet she wraps Jim around her finger and becomes Daddy's little girl. She is adorable and I bet the boys will cherish her when she finally gets home to Texas and you all become one happy family. We will continue to hold you all in our heart and pray for the speedy processing of your adoption and safe journey home. Sue

Anonymous said...

James, Lisa and boys
Congratulations!!! we are soo excited and can't wait to meet Ella. Now Astryd has another cousin to play with and its a girl yay! She is beautiful and we love her already
Love
Paul Zenia and Astryd

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations and good luck with all that is to come. She is so lucky to have found you guys as her parents and she will be so blessed with a wonderful family.

Sabrina said...

what a blessing! she already looks as if she's been apart of your family all along. you guys are doing a wonderful thing! God Bless.

The D'Antuono Family said...

She is adorable! Congratulations! I can not believe how wonderful(and fast) everything is going! Lots of prayers will be said to keep it that way! Enjoy your beautiful new daughter! She is a lucky little girl! ;0)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!! I can't believe you finally have your little girl. She is going to fit right in. I can't wait to meet her!!!! Congratulations and may God continue to bless you all!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. Congrats, and I cannot wait to hear more. I'm so happy for you guys. Have a safe trip back to the US. Love,
Petra

ArtworkByRuth said...

WOW! What a successful first meeting! Congratulations on your beautiful girl!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! She is a doll! You know the minute I saw her I thought of Carson! Wow!!!!!!! I am so excited for Ella........ she is going to be so loved! Congrats to you all!

Love,
Carrie Miller

Anonymous said...

Lisa and Jim -

Patrick came over & told us that you "found her" --- and filled us in -- then we went online & took a look at your blog. This is such a beautiful process and we are SO excited for you all!
Ella is adorable and we can't wait to meet her!

xxs -
hil & co.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I have been following your journey......we hope to travel next year!

May God bless your family,
cheryl from NC

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much she looks like you! I had just mentioned to my director that I had not heard an update and I knew that you should have met at that point and then the email came. I have thought of you guys all evening and how wonderful it must feel, for you and Ella. Congrats!!! When do you get to bring her home? I can't wait for the big family photos.

Congrats again!
Tira

Kathy and Matt said...

Wonderful news!!!

She is an adorable little girl. I'm so thrilled for you!

The hardest part of your adoption is done (finding your child), now you just have to go through the steps in the proces to bring her home.

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Jim and boys,
OMG she is beautiful and looks like she has always belonged to you. Hopefully one day Art and I will get to met her in person. Be safe on the way home.
Lots of love,
Robin and Art Jones
New Jersey

junglemama said...

Hi Lisa,

You are Antoshka in Kramatorsk! You couldn't be at a better orphanage. :) Your in good hands.

Please let the director know that Dennis is doing well. He has gained three pounds and is walking---- i mean almost running. I would appreciate it so much if you let them know!

Anonymous said...

Jim, Lisa, Patrick, Christian, & Carson,
We are so happy for you all as you celebrate in honor of your newest family addition. Ella is one lucky girl to have such a special family! Congratulations to all of you!
The Perdue Family

Anonymous said...

Payne Family,
We are so happy for you all.Ella is a cutie and you guys will have a blast with her I am sure.She is so lucky to be with you all.
The Flemming Family

Kevin and Tammy said...

Congratulations. She is adorable. So glad it was this easy. Hope all goes quickly for you. We will keep watching.
Tammy and Kevin and the family

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!!

She's a little ray of sunshine, isn't she? How blessed she is to be in your family and you to have
her in yours! I'm so thrilled for you. She's going to change your life as you have already for her.

May God richly bless your family.

Love,
Rayanne

Stefanie and Bill said...

Congratulations! How awesome for you and her!!! Godspeed in the next part!
Stefanie

LeFemmeMonkita said...

Congratulations! We just came from Antoshka, also using "V" and "N". You are in great hands. If you have any questions about Kramatorsk, please don't hesitate to contact me (mannabel@yahoo.com). We were there for 3 weeks and my husband and daughter just left the day before yesterday.

Your daughter is beautiful! I wish you all the best!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys! She is beautiful and we can't wait for you to bring her Tennessee to meet the family. Have a safe journey.
Love,
Lori, Javan, Logan and Mackenzee

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!
So happy for all of you! She is precious!! And she is so lucky to have all of you as her family.
Love,
"The Pattersons"
Dean, Lee-Ann, Gabriella & Zachary Dean---yes, the little man has arrived!

adoptedthree said...

She is adorable! Congrads

This is our "spot" we began at the beginning of our journey in May 2007, to adopt a child from Ukraine. In August 2008, we traveled to Ukraine to bring our daughter/sister Ella Grace Ana home; and on September 12, 2008 we did just that.

While our journey to bring her home is complete, our journey together is just beginning. We will continue to keep our spot here, posting as frequently as we can; and keeping you updated on our next journey in life...maybe a second adoption is in our future.

Please join us by following us by clicking on the "Follow" link to the left and posting your notes at the bottom of any post we have made.

Recently Visited