
Okay, today I realized we have 2 months until we travel to Ukraine and I am living in a hotel, eating every meal out, living out of a suitcase and repeating the same clothing articles...sounds like I am already in Ukraine!
Still searching for the "best deal" on airline tickets. Anyone have any ideas? Got any extra sky miles you want to donate?
So much to do in such a short time frame. I can't even begin to look at preparing for our trip until we are out of the hotel and into our house, until Jim has taken command, and until the boys have celebrated their birthdays...then I can focus on the next journey. Breathe....
6 comments:
Hello,
We would love to have you for dinner. That would maybe make you feel a little calmer. I know you are so busy and we can do it later. We have heard about the change of command in the papers. What a great honor. Hope the info on the tickets helps.
We are traveling just a little bit after you and the tickets we wanted were already sold out. I wouldn't put off buying them much longer. We wanted to fly Jet Blue to JFK, then JFK direct to Kyiv on AeroSvit. Then AeroSvit would give you $100 back on each ticket. The day I was going to book the flight, it sold out (I shoud have booked it in the morning when I saw them, UGH!) We are now having to fly through Finland for an 8 hour layover. Not a big deal since my bigger concern was cost. I suggest only buying one way tickets. We have been there done that (Ukrainian adoption) and didn't listen to this suggestion last time but are doing it this time. Our oneway tickets (for 2) ended up costing us $1700. If you are only buying oneway, check with AeroSvit, if no economy class seats left then check GoToRussia. or Orbitz
We went with Raptim Travel (Angeli Roman travel agent) because they could get us humanitarian rates (because it is for an adoption) on an excellent (and safe) airline - Lufthansa. At about $200 cheaper than any expedia discounted airline. Plus we did not have to stop in Russia or Warsaw - we were worried about this due to the known issues with organization, accuracy and safety in these airports. We are stopping in Frankfurt and will have english speaking help at the airport. Plus the humanitarian rate does not charge a penny for changes to return flights and is actuall refundable with only a $150 penalty. Roundtrip for both us is $2000. And the child rate for one-way is only $400 per child. Taxes were also less than anywhere else I found. It took a lot of hunting, but I am happy with what we got. Best of luck to you!
Thank you for the information. I have started my homework on flights more aggressively tonight. I have placed tickets on hold with both NWA/KLM and United - both offer adoption fares.
David & Monica,
I called your travel agent today - she was out for the day but I did leave our numbers for her to call me tomorrow.
Thank you again!
I will keep you all posted.
We used Golden Rule Travel for our two trips to Kazakhstan, and we can't say enough good things about them. Their service is exceptional, and their prices are amongst the lowest you'll find. HTH. Bob
We were successful with placing tickets on hold - VERY reasonable price coming from Texas!
Will post confirmation of purchase in the near future.
Thanks to all of you for the options.
Post a Comment