Today I received Ella's visa (no daddy, not the credit card) and we are ready to head back to the United States! Our appointment was at 2:00 and I was finished by 3:00 ish. While there, I ran into Staci & Damon with their handsome little man Wesley http://stacianddamon.blogspot.com/
along with 3 other families. I think we are all ready to head home. Be safe on your travels home families it was great to chat with you and see your beautiful blessings!
We also said our good-byes to our translator "N" today - it was a tearful moment. She has been wonderful and we will miss her as Ella says. "N" - we know you are reading, thank you just doesn't seem to say enough. You are an amazing lady and we are forever grateful to you.
Hard to believe we came here in search of our daughter 27 days ago and tomorrow I leave with a smart, giggly, girly girl who is absoutely amazing and beautiful! Tomorrow will be a long day for both Ella and I; as well as our family and friends who await our return at El Paso International Airport. See you all then!
Love,
Lisa & Ella Grace
About Our Family
- ...
- El Paso, Texas, United States
- We are James, Lisa, Patrick, Christian, Carson, and Ella Payne a military family serving our country via service in the U.S. Army. Jim and I have been married for 18 years and have 3 wonderful home grown sons -Patrick, Christian and Carson. We recently adopted our beautiful daughter Ella Grace Ana from Donets'k, Ukraine in September. Jim and I began our Army life together at Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas and every assignment thus far has extended unique opportunities and challenges for our family to grow and learn; to become a stronger, committed, and a prepared Army family. Having recently lived abroad for six amazing years, we cannot express how thankful we are for the opportunity to have represented our great country and to discover the cultures and customs of other countries; to become close to the people and learn from them; to open our hearts and minds to the unfamiliar languages and way of life in other countries. Having now moved back to the United States, we are looking forward to discovering what new adventures await our family. Rest assured, wherever the Army sends us we will continue to serve you and our country proudly. Army life, we wouldn’t trade it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is our "spot" we began at the beginning of our journey in May 2007, to adopt a child from Ukraine. In August 2008, we traveled to Ukraine to bring our daughter/sister Ella Grace Ana home; and on September 12, 2008 we did just that.
While our journey to bring her home is complete, our journey together is just beginning. We will continue to keep our spot here, posting as frequently as we can; and keeping you updated on our next journey in life...maybe a second adoption is in our future.
Please join us by following us by clicking on the "Follow" link to the left and posting your notes at the bottom of any post we have made.
While our journey to bring her home is complete, our journey together is just beginning. We will continue to keep our spot here, posting as frequently as we can; and keeping you updated on our next journey in life...maybe a second adoption is in our future.
Please join us by following us by clicking on the "Follow" link to the left and posting your notes at the bottom of any post we have made.
11 comments:
Wonderful news - praying for safe travels as you unite your family!!
Congrats!
It's always so exciting to read this post from families. I know how excited you are to start that trip home!!
Praying for safe travels for you and your sweet girl!
Thank goodness you have had a successful and quite short visit. I pray you return home safely to begin your life with your new addition.
Lisa or Jim,
if you see this, please call me(605-221-5658) and let me know when/if you are coming through Frankfurt. I would love to see you Lisa and give you hugs and loves and would love even more to meet Ella. Hope one of you gets this...
Schrie
Congratulations again. Safe travels. Love, Dayna
Congratulations Lisa and Jim and all of the family. I talked to Maureen today and she told me the wonderful news, and I had to see your blog. Ella already looks like one of the family and I'm so happy to hear things are working out. Best of luck to you all, Big Hugs, Margy Bond
Congratulations on your little angel!
Hoping for safe travels all the way HOME!
Best wishes!
Amy
Lisa and Jim, thats the best news ever. Lisa and Ella heading home. I know you will be exhausted but the excitment of it all has to be keeping your feet off the ground. Lisa, I'll be in touch per our conversation last night. Safe travels home and please let us know what the boys think of the new little sister. Sue
What an amazing journey you have been on! I can't thank you enough for sharing your story through your blog, and for how helpful you have been answering my 10,000 questions! I sit with tears in my eyes and hope in my heart! Your daughter is a lucky little girl to have such a special mommy! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Have a safe trip home! I can't wait to hear what the boys think of there sweet sister.
Kristina
congratulations and safe travels back to the U.S. with Ella!
Tracey, Scott & Connor
Congratulations! Wow, has it really only been twenty-seven days! Blessings on your continued journey to FAMILY!
Post a Comment