Have you ever anticipated the stumble and then it just doesn’t happen?
Today, we went to the consulate –expecting a stumble – but it was flawless!
So for those of you following in our footsteps….
IF your spouse is leaving before you, you will need 2 forms: “Acknowledgement of Health Problems of Adopted Child” and “I-600.” Both forms can be found online at the consulate website or just by typing into the search engine the name of the form. We were able to fill the forms out and print them.
Some helpful tips:
DO NOT wait in the long line outside of the consulate building.
Have your passport out and hand it directly to one of the gentlemen in a black vest identified by “CONSULATE” in large letters on the back. He will direct you to the front of the line where you will wait until you are able to go in.
Turn your cell phone off, take your documents in a clear folder, and limit the amount of “stuff” you have in your pockets and avoid taking your purse if you can.
Once inside of the building follow the signs – clearly marked for ADOPTIONS.
At the window you will be asked for your passports again and the ladies will ensure your file is in their possession – sign your documents and wait to be called by the consulate. It was quick, easy and again painless.
When the spouse returns you will need form DS-230, Part I and II, “Affidavit of Vaccinations Requirement Waiver” (only for children 10 and younger), money for the visa, 50 mm X 50 mm frontal facial view photograph of the child(ren) – on glossy paper, light background, unretouched and unmounted, Medical exam, child(ren’s) Ukrainian passport (original), and I-864W (Intending Immigrant’s Affidavit of Support Exemption. BOTH the DS-230 Part I and II and the I-864W can be found online.
Jim is now free to go home to our boys and I will hang tight.
4 comments:
Just keep holding on. You will ALL be together before long. Thank you for the AMAZING post! So helpful! :) Kristina
You are God sent. We were just wondering exactly what would take place in order for David to leave. Take care.
Thanks for the helpful info. We will be going through all of that later on next week or the next. Hope you have as uneventful time for the next part of the trip.
Things are going well here.
Tammy
It is a breath of fresh air to go to the US Consulate office! Praying for your "solo" journey home too! I too stayed behind- three weeks after Papa left. You can do it! God Bless!
Post a Comment