About Our Family

El Paso, Texas, United States
We are James, Lisa, Patrick, Christian, Carson, and Ella Payne a military family serving our country via service in the U.S. Army. Jim and I have been married for 18 years and have 3 wonderful home grown sons -Patrick, Christian and Carson. We recently adopted our beautiful daughter Ella Grace Ana from Donets'k, Ukraine in September. Jim and I began our Army life together at Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas and every assignment thus far has extended unique opportunities and challenges for our family to grow and learn; to become a stronger, committed, and a prepared Army family. Having recently lived abroad for six amazing years, we cannot express how thankful we are for the opportunity to have represented our great country and to discover the cultures and customs of other countries; to become close to the people and learn from them; to open our hearts and minds to the unfamiliar languages and way of life in other countries. Having now moved back to the United States, we are looking forward to discovering what new adventures await our family. Rest assured, wherever the Army sends us we will continue to serve you and our country proudly. Army life, we wouldn’t trade it!

July 28, 2008

Random Thoughts...

It’ almost 1:00A here and I just can’t sleep. I’ve watched a little TV and I’ve read a bit…nothing, no sleepiness.

Earlier today, I began cleaning up the office. I put together with Christian a shelf to hold our books and miscellaneous stuff and then sorted through a bunch of boxes and papers. I ran across several of our preliminary adoption packets from various agencies. I think I gathered them in May 2007 when I attended the Adoption Symposium in Kaiserslautern, Germany. Sometimes that weekend seems like ages ago and other times it seems like yesterday. As I sorted though what I wanted to keep and discard, I couldn’t help but think about our sweet Ella waiting to come home. This has been an amazing journey and in 21 days we will hopefully be with our Ella. I can’t help wonder, is she warm; did she have enough to eat; did she brush her teeth before bed; did anyone read to her today; did anyone tell her what a blessing she is; did she fall asleep wondering if she was ever going to have a forever family; are her fingernails and toenails clipped; did anyone cuddle her and tuck her in after a bedtime story; will she wake up in the morning wondering if today is the day she will meet her forever family; did she have a bath today; will she have one tomorrow; is she afraid of lightening; is she afraid of bugs; does she like to swing…

Sigh…so many things I want to know. My heart aches to just hold her and to tell her how much she is loved.

Please keep praying for our family to be united.

5 comments:

Kevin and Tammy said...

I think we all have these thoughts. We are all so excited to meet that wonderful child. We are working on getting things done as I sure you am. Can't believe we leave next week.
Tammy

Michelle said...

You are not alone in these thoughts and feelings, that's for sure (we leave in 32 days)

Stefanie and Bill said...

Hi Lisa, Thinking of you too. Trusting that God will work out all the big and little details. Blessings to you as you prepare to travel. Stefanie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're going through your nesting phase... Leave it to me to post something ironic. Thinking about you too. In fact I tore myself away from my term paper so I can load your boxes in my car and take them to NATO to mail. Love you, Tammy

Anonymous said...

I have to say that we read all your blogs about the whole process and it really touched me. I almost cried. I am so happy that you are finally at the end of the whole process and have met Ella. I bet you will love her to pieces and that she will ALWAYS know how lucky she is to have you all. Blaise, Anna and Blaise II Liess.

This is our "spot" we began at the beginning of our journey in May 2007, to adopt a child from Ukraine. In August 2008, we traveled to Ukraine to bring our daughter/sister Ella Grace Ana home; and on September 12, 2008 we did just that.

While our journey to bring her home is complete, our journey together is just beginning. We will continue to keep our spot here, posting as frequently as we can; and keeping you updated on our next journey in life...maybe a second adoption is in our future.

Please join us by following us by clicking on the "Follow" link to the left and posting your notes at the bottom of any post we have made.

Recently Visited