Mundane Stuff...

Today, we narrowed the search for elementary schools down for Christian & Carson. We are either going with one of the local private schools or one of the public elementary schools off base. At both schools they are required to take an entrance test and it seems we have gotten a bit rusty since school ended, so we will begin going over multiplication, division, reading and spelling words to brush up – one hour a day everyday.

Tried to purchase curtains today to finish off the main floor of our house, but since I didn’t measure (like I should have), I bought the wrong size. Argh. We will try another trip tomorrow to purchase the correct size. The house is beginning to come together. I think there may be 3 or 4 boxes left upstairs; none on the main floor; but the basement is another story.

Tomorrow I am going to Target so I can knock off a few items on my list of "things we need" for Ukraine. Someone had recently posted what they took and after scanning it (some great ideas), a trip to the store is in order.
This is our "spot" we began at the beginning of our journey in May 2007, to adopt a child from Ukraine. In August 2008, we traveled to Ukraine to bring our daughter/sister Ella Grace Ana home; and on September 12, 2008 we did just that.
While our journey to bring her home is complete, our journey together is just beginning. We will continue to keep our spot here, posting as frequently as we can; and keeping you updated on our next journey in life...maybe a second adoption is in our future.
Please join us by following us by clicking on the "Follow" link to the left and posting your notes at the bottom of any post we have made.
4 comments:
Really you don't need much for Ukraine. We packed very light and found everything we need there. Just thought I would mention it.
Thanks Christine. I am habitually an overpacker...even when I am going light.
We are doing pretty well. Just a little case of nerves. I guess the unknown is the biggest worry. I know that the worry is from Satan. I just know that sometimes you can't help but worry. How about you? Sounds like you are busy doing the same things we are doing. Breanne is here today and will be here for about three days. It is good to see her. That keeps us busy.
Tammy
You're right Tammy - the unknown is the biggest worry; but fear not as God is guiding you.
Post a Comment