About Our Family

El Paso, Texas, United States
We are James, Lisa, Patrick, Christian, Carson, and Ella Payne a military family serving our country via service in the U.S. Army. Jim and I have been married for 18 years and have 3 wonderful home grown sons -Patrick, Christian and Carson. We recently adopted our beautiful daughter Ella Grace Ana from Donets'k, Ukraine in September. Jim and I began our Army life together at Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas and every assignment thus far has extended unique opportunities and challenges for our family to grow and learn; to become a stronger, committed, and a prepared Army family. Having recently lived abroad for six amazing years, we cannot express how thankful we are for the opportunity to have represented our great country and to discover the cultures and customs of other countries; to become close to the people and learn from them; to open our hearts and minds to the unfamiliar languages and way of life in other countries. Having now moved back to the United States, we are looking forward to discovering what new adventures await our family. Rest assured, wherever the Army sends us we will continue to serve you and our country proudly. Army life, we wouldn’t trade it!

April 15, 2008

And the date is...

Today, our agency notified us we have a submission date of MAY 13, 2008 - Ukrainian Mother's Day!

This is the date our dossier (a.k.a official adoption packet) will be handed into the SDA (State Department on Adoption) for review/verification of our documents are in proper order. Once the SDA accepts our petition to adopt (approximately 20 days) they will send us an appointment date for travel to Ukraine.

As you can imagine we are thrilled! Please pray for us and for Ella - that she will be safe and well cared for until her forever family finds her.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! We are so excited for you. Of course it has to happen at a very busy time, but she must want to be involved in the all of the upheaval you have coming up. She will make a true military child...We keep you in our prayers everyday and can't wait to hear more very soon!

Sabrina said...

Congrats Payne family!

Anonymous said...

This is more than exciting,....this is fantastic. I am so excited for you so I can imagine what is buzzing around in your bellies at the moment. I will be thinking of you and praying for time to hurry up. It is going to be a challenging time for you all with the move, new job for Jim and your new daughter. What a wonderful summer it will be. And just imagine come Christmas, she will be all settled in and this coming Christmas will be awesome for you all.

Brett & Katheleen

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news for your family! Looks like you are ready (loved Ella's room!).

Everything is fine here in sunny Hawaii. Tell everyone hello from us.

Devon

Anonymous said...

YEAH I AM SO EXCITED!!!!! Congrats and we will keep you in our thoughts! Hugs, M~

Anonymous said...

So cool. I'm so happy for your family and also for Ella. Have a great time with all the plans I know you're making. Gosh, I'm so excited and happy for your family!!

Amen! Rayanne

Anonymous said...

That is great to hear. I know you will give her a great home and a wonderful life. I toured several orphanages during my time in Russia so I know what a gift it will be to have a loving home.

Please let me know if I can help in any way,

AJ

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Annemarie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, superduper, lovely news to hear.... Finally! Soon she will be in your arms, and you can give her all the love she deserves. We are so happy for you, and can't wait to see her here in Madrid.
Big kisses from the Bade Family

Stefanie and Bill said...

Congratulations! We just got our submission date on the 19th!
Blessings!
Stefanie

junglemama said...

Wooo-hooo! Congrats! I am so excited for you! THings are finally moving!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Congratulations! I hope the waiting is bearable and even enjoyable! So glad to hear the SDA is moving forward with submissions!

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news Lisa! We're so happy for you! It's getting closer, little by little. And we will pray for Ella and for you!

Love,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the adoption. When do you go to get her? Exciting!

Susan Allen

Anonymous said...

Lisa, that is fantastic on the news on getting another step closer to making little Ella a part of your world. I will pray that all works out for you all.

Sue

Anonymous said...

great news!!! I can't wait until we can see each other again and meet your daughter. It would be so much fun to see all the kids together.

Dayna

Anonymous said...

So excited for you!!! We can't wait to see her and you guys!!!! We'll keep you in our prayers. This is such a wonderful thing you are doing. May God always bless you and your family....

See you soon,

Christina

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you! It's finally happening! I wish you the best of luck with the journey!

Leyla

This is our "spot" we began at the beginning of our journey in May 2007, to adopt a child from Ukraine. In August 2008, we traveled to Ukraine to bring our daughter/sister Ella Grace Ana home; and on September 12, 2008 we did just that.

While our journey to bring her home is complete, our journey together is just beginning. We will continue to keep our spot here, posting as frequently as we can; and keeping you updated on our next journey in life...maybe a second adoption is in our future.

Please join us by following us by clicking on the "Follow" link to the left and posting your notes at the bottom of any post we have made.

Recently Visited