
This was a busy week! We spent this week on the paper chase; updating those last few documents for our dossier submission. It really wasn’t bad 5 documents total: two documents we had in our possession (luckily) so off they went to the Secretary of State in Texas for apostilling; two went to our agency and they sent them off for apostilling in Washington, D.C. and the third was our marriage certificate which had an old “printed” date on it. I called to inquire about a newly printed one and the lady on the other end was just so pleasant and friendly, it was like talking to an old acquaintance. She printed a new one and hand delivered it for a “real” signature vs. the standard printed one and then she mailed it off to my parent’s home. From there, it was a matter of a call to my sister, a couple of FEDEX forms filled out, and it was all taken care of. On Monday, all documents should be with our agency and all set for DHL service to Ukraine – an entire 2 weeks to spare!
More preparing for the packers – I believe I am a bit anal retentive when it comes to this. I have logged all the DVD’s – all 597 of them! I separated them into kid suitable and supervision obligatory. Each book (there are 8 of them) has a chronological listing of the DVD’s plus, a master list alphabetized for fast reference. I began organizing the VHS tapes – some of them are 15 years old! Several can be copied into DVD format and discarded while others we will still retain until the VHS no longer exists.
Other stuff….my girlfriend and her kids came over on Friday night and we prepared empanadas, drank tinto verano, and watched SURVIVOR while the kids played outside and then watched a movie. Thanks for hanging out with us Lopez family, we had a nice time just relaxing and enjoying your company. On Saturday, the kids and I couldn’t hang in the house for one more day – it was time to get out. We headed to Xandu our mall and packed in a little shopping, a little lunch, and the boys played in the playland for a smidgen. Following our 5 hour mall venture we headed off to the “skate park” where the boys can roller blade and skateboard. It was a bit crowded but we hung out for a good while enjoying the sun and fun. Today, while I was away attending a baby shower, the boys finished up their homework, washed some laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and washed my car!
No comments:
Post a Comment