I really enjoy cooking and making new things to keep the meals exciting, and my family...they like to eat... and Ella LOVES to watch me cook. She has "her" chair in the kitchen and watches me as she asks about a thousand questions (which is great cause she is absorbing it all)! While I like to cook, I really don't like to go to the grocery store (I think that is handed down from my mom) to shop - you would understand if you were feeding 3 growing boys, a husband, and LaLa who eats like a growing boy! My bill for 2 weeks usually hovers around $450.00 -OUCH!
On this particular day I had leafy spinach greens to use and a couple of apples so I thought I would create a salad using them, and toss in some walnuts - sounds good, right? Once I had the salad prepared I realized I didn't have a good dressing to go with it - no problem, we will just "whip one up" as Carson likes to say. We did and LaLa is shaken it up!

We had tortilla crusted tilapia, saffron yellow rice with almond slivers, pine nuts, and pecan pieces, spinach/apple salad with walnuts and our special dressing. Yummy!
1 comment:
My mouth is watering!!! Ella is doing so well. I love the updates.
Post a Comment